The screener training course is structured as follows:
- The Irlen Method. Facts and definitions.
- How Discovered.
- Populations which benefit.
- Mind Body connections – stressors.
- Training in administering the instrument (IRPS).
After Day 1 and before Day 2. (Or after Day 2.)
- Screen 10 clients (try to do a couple of adults, and a couple of people who do not have Irlen Syndrome).
- Complete at least some of the Screeners Questionaire.
Day 2. Date to be negotiated.
- Review of practice clients.
- Review of screeners handbook
- Scoring and interpretation
- Classroom modifications
- Spreading the word
- Web sites
- Complete Screener Questionnaire
- Complete evaluation form
The materials supplied are a substantial part of the cost of the course.
- Screeners Folder
- Tasks and Distortion Pages
- Book: Reading by the Colours
- Book: The Irlen Revolution.
- 2 sets of overlays
- CD Rom
- 10 IRPS Forms.
- Morning Tea and lunch.